ECG or Electrocardiogram is a test conducted to measure the electrical activity of the heart to check if the heart is functioning normally.
Diagnosis from ECG
- To check for abnormal thickening of heart muscle
- To check for abnormalities caused by decreased blood supply
- To detect abnormalities in the heart muscle
- To detect changes in the heart’s electrochemical environment.
Patient Instruction for ECG at Santosh Diagnostic Centre
- Do not use oily or greasy skin creams or lotions on the day of the test as they can keep the electrodes from making contact with your skin.
- Wear a shirt that you can remove easily to place the leads on your chest.